Weigh-in-motion (WIM) systems are designed to automatically capture and record the weight readings of each individual axle loading, and identify the Gross Vehicle Mass (GVM) of both the vehicle and its trailer while the vehicle is in motion.
Unlike static weighbridges or axle scales, WIM systems don’t require HGVs to stop for weighing. Operators simply drive over the weighbridge at a reduced and constant speed of up to 5km per hour. This makes the weighing process more efficient, eliminating unnecessary delays and downtime.
Diverseco weigh-in-motion systems typically consist of a platform—measuring 730mm by 3,000mm—supported by four loadcells. A WIM system when correctly installed and calibrated will achieve +/- 2% accuracy per axle group. Much like a static axle weigher, the accuracy and reliability of a WIM system is highly dependent upon a level approach and departure, and vehicle behaviour. The level needs to be flat and consistent for a full truck length before and after the weigh platform.
Our reliable, robust weigh-in-motion systems can capture the weight of any vehicle up to 40,000kg per axle.
Weigh-in-motion systems are ideal for use in heavily congested sites, like freight terminals and shipping ports, where vehicles must be weighed to ensure compliance with legal weight limits.
Unlike imported products, Diverseco’s superior quality, Australian made weigh-in-motion systems are custom built to meet customer requirements and engineered to suit the Australian duty cycle and demands of Australian heavy goods vehicle fleet. This means that they are not easily subject to metal fatigue and weld fractures, which significantly reduces the devices working life.
- Quality manufacturing. Made in Australia and built to Australian Standards, including:
- AS 1554 – Structural Steel Welding (for deck fabrication)
- AS 1657 – Hot-Dip Galvanising (for weighbridge deck frame coating)
- Robust, reliable digital load cells that are hermetically sealed (IP68) and possess overload and lightening protection
- Innovative load cell design that enables dynamic weighing
- Backed by industry-leading warranties
Complete weigh-in-motion vehicle weighing solutions
If you require fully functional vehicle weighing system, Diverseco is here to help. Our comprehensive range of weighbridge accessories and software can be engineered to form a complete made-to-measure weighbridge solution for any site that will enable your organisation to realise a host of other benefits, such as:
- Meeting compliance requirements
- Boosting operating efficiencies
- Ensuring optimum allocation of resources,
- Sharing information with supply chain partners
Our weighing solutions don’t stop there. Whether you need testing or calibration to ensure accuracy, servicing to keep your scales in top-notch working order, or you want to upgrade your load cells, our expert team can assist with a full weighbridge support and calibration service.