The team at Diverseco has extensive experience in the development of robotics solutions for a great range industrial automation applications.
Historically, robotics was limited to routine applications, such as large production volumes and simple geometry. Despite the simplicity of these applications, robotics still delivered significant advantages through improved quality thanks to consistency, reduced operating costs and improved production.
Where robotics fell short was the ability to make real-time adjustments that are often required in most applications. For example, high-quality welding is dependent on the ability to effect changes relating to variables such as wire feed, voltage, torch angle, oscillation, travel speed and heat input. While humans are adept at this, robotics were traditionally unable to deliver such output.
Until recently, there were inherent difficulties translating split-second decision making into a robotics program that could respond to and change variables throughout a process. This difficulty meant that only a select number of variables could be programmed and parameters adjusted, which limited the scope of application.
The Advent of Dynamic Process Control Technologies and Offline Programming
These difficulties have been overcome thanks to the advent of ‘dynamic process control’ technologies. These technologies, such as sophisticated sensor systems, such as laser vision, have wholly transformed the ways in which robotics can be integrated into operations. Dynamic process control allows for increased robotics automation applications due to the fact that it enables parameter adjustments to be made on the go.
Our team are adept at developing robotics automation solutions that employ dynamic process controllers for a wide range of applications.
- Make adjustments to the robot processes through the use of sensors and laser vision systems.
- Robots can now be programmed for a variety of functions, rather than being suitable only for single tasks. Thanks to the ability to store a number of programs in each robot’s memory, some tasks can be moved between quickly, particularly if the tooling nests have been designed for quick changes.
- The time it takes to program robots has also been drastically reduced, thanks to the ability to use offline programming software. The software itself has also been enhanced, which means speed, accuracy and quality have been enhanced, while costs have been lowered.
- Robots can now work with much larger components and can be mounted on gantries and tracks.
- The price of robots has also steadily declined over the years.
For these reasons, robotics is now a foundational technology that is being employed in virtually all industries, markets and geographies.
With industry experts predicting that robotics automation technologies are set to transform business operations as we’ve known them, perhaps you may have thought about how they could transform your company’s operations too. What is certain is that leaders of companies in virtually every industry now need to start planning how they will step forward into growth by being equipped with robotics technologies or step back into (what they may think) is safety.