Two belt weighers were recently supplied and installed at the Norwest Rail Link project in Sydney to monitor refuse and spoil output as part of the tunnel boring operations between Epping and Bella Vista. The Norwest Rail Link project is part of a Thiess, John Holland and Dragados Joint Venture.
Dual-idler belt weighers were supplied for high accuracy (±0.5%) which was required by this client. A model GT500E belt weigher integrator was used to display the tonnes per hour output and to interface to third-party equipment.
The GT500E is ideal for continuous weighing applications such as belt weighers, weighfeeders, flow meters, weight indication and batching control. Key features of the GT500E include:
- Full feed/dribble feed or VSD control for accurate batching
- Galvanically isolated digital outputs
- Fail-safe data memory (EEPROM)
- Integrated diagnostics and self-testing functions
- Auto calibration (automatic calibration programs, self-starting taring)
- Calibration intervals with signal output (intervals programmable)
- Flow rate pulse (level and pulse width set by programming)
- Status, event, calibration and quantity reports
- Simulation mode for testing and training
Accuracy is kept at a premium with the use of a speed sensor, which provides feedback to the GT500E on the speed of the belt, which greatly affects weight determination and overall flow rate.