These days, modern WMS and WCS systems need very accurate SKU dimensional master data in order to make intelligent, SKU-level optimisation and material handling decisions at each of the different stages of the SKU’s journey through the warehouse.
With inbound SKU measurement applications, the critical questions to consider are:
- How many SKUs in total do you need to measure now?
- How many SKUs will you need to measure each month on an ongoing basis?
- What are the shapes of the SKUs – are they all in cartons or are they mostly irregular shapes or are they a mixture of both?
- What are the minimum and the maximum weights and dimensions of the items to be measured?
- What level of measurement precision do you require?
- Do you want to take advantage of a mobile trolley workstation in which you can take the CubiScan unit on the mobile trolley to the SKUs? Or do you want a table or bench-top solution in which you bring all of the SKUs to the centralized area?
- How do you wish to export the captured data? To learn more about CubeMaster SKU data management software click here.