Location: Melbourne Bayside & South Eastern Suburbs
Work Type: Full Time
About the role:
We are seeking a highly competent Service Technician for an immediate start to assist the team with the continued growth of the Springvale North Branch in Victoria. The role involves visiting client sites in company vehicles for installing, testing, servicing, repairing and calibrating a multitude of different products, including shop and industrial scales, truck weighbridges, in motion weighing, batching and filling machines, high speed checkweighers, metal detection and x-ray food inspection equipment.
Key objectives include:
- Attending customer service calls to test, service, repair, calibrate and install a multitude of products.
- Completing accurate customer service reports, time sheets and expense reports.
- Assembly, testing, and packaging of goods for sale, hire or repair as required in the workshop.
- Ensuring compliance with all facets of Trade Measurement Legislation, and quality assurance standards.
- Taking a leadership role in training apprentices and sharing technical knowledge across operational team.
- Identifying ways in which you can contribute to the service team’s profitability through streamlining processes and systems.
- Working as an effective team member across all operations including sales, projects and administration.
- Maintaining professional personal presentation [work uniform etc.], including ensuring that your company vehicle is clean and tidy.
- Ensuring that employee safety is regarded in the highest priority with zero major/lost time injuries.
While experience in the weighing industry is preferred, it is not a mandatory requirement as training will be provided where necessary. As long as you have experience in a relevant industry and are willing to learn, be fit and capable of lifting test weights.
An attractive above award salary package is on offer and includes a salary plus super as well as a company vehicle and mobile. Employee profit sharing is available for the right person.
If you have the required experience and are interested in a challenging, rewarding job where every day is different APPLY NOW.